Juri Linkov wrote: >>With the changes I'm suggesting you end up with the following preamble: >> >> This is a customization buffer for group Emacs. >> >> Editing an option value changes only the text in the buffer. The >> State button can be used to set or save the option value. Saving an >> option normally edits your init file. >> >> See Help for more information. >> >> > >I think your change makes this header more clear. The only part that >is still confusing is > > The State button can be used to set or save the option value. > >I suspect that the first thing that a novice will do after reading this >is to search the button with the name "State" in the customization buffer. > > I have attached a preliminary patch for this. The patch changes the text to something reminding of the text above. It also changes the links from a button-like style to underline. Please test the patch. There is one thing that I have not found out how to change it: the "mouse over" face. It is gray whatever I do. If someone knows how to make a widget really display the highlight face then please tell me! **** I am resending this. It did not reach the list directly because there were too many recipients before. Moderator, can you please just drop the message I sent before that is hold and is a duplication of this message.