Juanma Barranquero wrote: >On 8/9/05, Jason Rumney wrote: > > >> None of these problems make Emacs unusable. >> >> > >No, no unusable. However... > > > >>The JPEG problem can be avoided >>by compiling with a Free compiler (which we do anyway for binary >>releases). >> >> > >...that's not entirely true. We don't distribute the libraries' DLLs. >Matching a GCC-built Emacs with some MSVC-built libraries could expose >the same problem. > > OK, so we release the binary without JPEG support. It's still better than not releasing at all.