* Accelerator keys for menus
@ 2005-08-08  0:27 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-08-08  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are accelerator keys for menus available on GNU/Linux?

On w32 if you put a single & before a letter in the menu text the next
letter will be underlined and it works as an accelerator. Then you only
have to type that letter to choose that alternative once the menu is
active. It is quite useful if you are a keyboard user and wants to acces
the menus. I believe that it is also recommended in 508 for
accessibility (but I am not quite sure). Nearly all w32 programs use
this. It is easy to implement of course.

Is there anything like this on GNU/Linux that can be used for the menus?