Hi, It would be nice if the specified mode in (compilation-start) would get activated before inserting anything (i.e. the mode setter line) into the buffer. In a function which I added to compilation-mode-hook I change some fontification things including the used font. When (compilation-start) is called using compilation-mode as mode, my function gets called using (funcall mode). However this happens a few lines too late, because the mode setter has already been inserted into the buffer, and so it is not displayed using my font (see attached screen shot). Kind regards, Markus