Hi Eshel, On 17/05/2024 11:56, Eshel Yaron wrote: > Hi Dmitry, > > Eshel Yaron writes: > >> Dmitry Gutov writes: >> >>> On 12/05/2024 15:38, Eshel Yaron wrote: >>> >>>> I can't seem to find this commit, though, is that on master? >>> >>> My bad, that push didn't go through. Now on master. >> >> Thanks, everything seems to work well now. > > I'm afraid there might be another regression, here's what I see: Thanks for keeping an eye out. > 1. emacs -Q > 2. C-x C-f > 3. C-a C-k to clear the minibuffer > 4. Insert the path an Emacs checkout, e.g. "~/checkouts/emacs/" > 5. Further insert "l/mi" > 6. Hit ? to pop the completions list, which includes > "lisp/minibuffer.el" and "leim/MISC-DIC/", among others. FWIW, I don't see "leim/MISC-DIC" among completions, even if I first evaluate (setq completion-ignore-case t). But the crux of the problem reproduces fine. > 7. Lean on M- to cycle between completion candidates. > > After the last fix, I see M- accumulate text after point in the > minibuffer instead of replacing the part it previously inserted. Do you > see that as well? Please take the attached patch for a spin. It would be great if someone looked into writing integration tests for this somehow. This is brittle stuff, and the variety of scenarios is high enough.