* New easymenu behavior
@ 2004-11-03 11:36 David Ponce
From: David Ponce @ 2004-11-03 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

It appears that this change:

2004-11-02  Richard M. Stallman  <rms@gnu.org>

	* emacs-lisp/easymenu.el (easy-menu-intern):
	Don't downcase; rather, case-flip the first letter of each word.

Introduced some incompatibility with the previous version of
easymenu. For example, now recentf creates a new "files" entry in the
menu bar instead of adding an entry in the "File" menu.

I think I can easily fix that by using the "Files" path instead of the
"files" one to locate the "File" menu.  Unfortunately, that change
also broke other code I have, and probably other existing code that
uses easymenu to locate menu items.

So my question: should I fix recentf or is the new easymenu behavior a
bug?  What about compatibility with existing code that uses easymenu?

I must confess, that I don't see why this change is necessary.

Any thoughts will be welcome.
Thank you in advance for your time.

David