Per Abrahamsen wrote: >I think the problem in the example is that the "menu-choice" widget is >not "static text". Whenever you make a new choice, the widget rewrite >itself from scratch. > Exactly. And that goes for editable text fields too. But never the less, text generated by :format is called "static text" in the manual. I may be a good idea to avoid the term "static text"; it is misleading. >The second part of your patch should be applied. > > We need changes in the first part as well because it is incorrect as it is now. What about the attached rewrite without the term "static text"?