Kenichi Handa wrote: > In article <3FFED268.3020908@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, Ognyan Kulev writes: > >>Just copy&paste in both directions works fine. But how can I be sure >>that the text is encoded with microsoft-cp1251, not with iso10646-1? >>What program would show the difference? > > > If (encode-coding-string CYRILLIC_STRING > 'ctext-with-extensions) produces a string that contains > "microsoft-cp1251", it means that Emacs is using > microsoft-cp1251 extended seqement in X selection. And if > copy&paste works fine, that means that the encoding is in a > correct format. I tested with encode-coding-string and all is OK. > Hmmm strange. What is the result of this? > > (x-resolve-font-name "*-microsoft-cp1251") We can exchange mails this way for another month, so I decided to dive into the Source ;-) It seems override-fontspec hasn't enough "priority". To see what I mean, take a look at the attached patch. After applying it, microsoft-cp1251 is used in rendering. Regards, ogi