* move ignore-errors to subr.el?
@ 2008-04-22  1:57 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-04-22  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I wonder if there is a case for moving ignore-errors to subr.el. The
definition is very small, and not infrequently it seems to be the only
reason that `(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))' is needed.

* Re: move ignore-errors to subr.el?
@ 2008-04-22 15:53 ` Michael Olson
From: Michael Olson @ 2008-04-22 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> I wonder if there is a case for moving ignore-errors to subr.el. The
> definition is very small, and not infrequently it seems to be the only
> reason that `(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))' is needed.

Speaking as a programmer of Elisp, I would be in favor of it.

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: move ignore-errors to subr.el?
@ 2008-05-01  5:22   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-05-01  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Olson; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> I wonder if there is a case for moving ignore-errors to subr.el. The
>> definition is very small, and not infrequently it seems to be the only
>> reason that `(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))' is needed.

I guess I'll do so in a week or so if no-one objects.