* No such file or directory TUTORIAL.es
@ 2007-12-28 20:43 Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2007-12-28 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

M-x version

GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2007-12-28 on K7

This is a CVS checkout from approx. two hours ago.

t:\emacscvs\alt\bin\runemacs.exe -q

save-current-buffer: Opening input file: no such file or directory,
t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.es

WindowsXP SP2

--
Oscar

* Re: No such file or directory TUTORIAL.es
@ 2007-12-29 10:43 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-12-29 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D3scar_Fuentes?= <ofv@wanadoo.es>
> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:43:48 +0100
>

> M-x version
>
> GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2007-12-28 on K7
>
> This is a CVS checkout from approx. two hours ago.
>
> t:\emacscvs\alt\bin\runemacs.exe -q
>
> save-current-buffer: Opening input file: no such file or directory,
> t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.es

I cannot reproduce this with the current CVS, but maybe I didn't
retrace your steps, since you didn't show the exact recipe for
reproducing this problem.  In particular, how did you end up trying to
save a tutorial?

Could you please show the exact steps, starting from "runemacs -Q", to
get this error message?  (Note: -Q, not -q.)

> WindowsXP SP2

Same here, except that I'm not i9n the Spanish locale.

* Re: No such file or directory TUTORIAL.es
@ 2007-12-29 15:50   ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2007-12-29 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> M-x version
>>
>> GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2007-12-28 on K7
>>
>> This is a CVS checkout from approx. two hours ago.
>>
>> t:\emacscvs\alt\bin\runemacs.exe -q
>>
>> save-current-buffer: Opening input file: no such file or directory,
>> t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.es
>
> I cannot reproduce this with the current CVS, but maybe I didn't
> retrace your steps, since you didn't show the exact recipe for
> reproducing this problem.

That was the exact recipe to reproduce the problem. The message appears
on startup. See below for more details.

> In particular, how did you end up trying to save a tutorial?
>
> Could you please show the exact steps, starting from "runemacs -Q", to
> get this error message?  (Note: -Q, not -q.)

With -Q the problem vanishes. It is related to the splash screen, as

runemacs -q --no-site-file

produces the problem and

runemacs --no-splash

does not.

When the message about TUTORIAL.es appears on the minibuffer, the
current buffer is *scratch*, but C-x b reveals that there is a *GNU
Emacs* buffer. Switching to that buffer shows an incomplete splash
screen, with

Emacs Tutorial	Learn basic keystroke commands

as the last line. That is, the text that usually is below that line is
missing.

>> WindowsXP SP2
>
> Same here, except that I'm not i9n the Spanish locale.

There is no t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/ directory on my
install. Maybe this is part of the problem.

Furthermore, C-h t produces this message:

help-with-tutorial: Opening input file: no such file or directory,
t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.es

The only files that match tutorial* on my CVS checkout are

tutorial.el

Regards,

--

@ 2007-12-29 16:05     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-12-29 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D3scar_Fuentes?= <oscarfv@telefonica.net>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:50:15 +0100
>
> There is no t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/ directory on my
> install. Maybe this is part of the problem.

Yes, this is the problem.  How did that happen? could it be you didn't
use the -d switch during the last sync with the CVS?

> Furthermore, C-h t produces this message:
>
> help-with-tutorial: Opening input file: no such file or directory,
> t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.es
>
> The only files that match tutorial* on my CVS checkout are
>
> tutorial.el

Looks like an incomplete Emacs tree to me.

* Re: No such file or directory TUTORIAL.es
@ 2007-12-29 16:29       ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2007-12-29 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> There is no t:/emacscvs/alt/etc/tutorials/ directory on my
>> install. Maybe this is part of the problem.
>
> Yes, this is the problem.  How did that happen? could it be you didn't
> use the -d switch during the last sync with the CVS?

> Looks like an incomplete Emacs tree to me.

That was the problem. Thanks Eli and sorry for the noise.

--
Oscar