* Re: cursor display bug caused by focus tracking change (21.2)
       [not found] <200303171204.HAA29063@nerd-xing.mit.edu>
@ 2003-03-18 13:22 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-03-18 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    To fix: restore the code in #if 0 in xterm.c:XTread_socket cases
    EnterNotify and LeaveNotify.

This would reintroduce the problem that I fixed.  I no longer remember
what it was, but we can hardly assume it is a more rare setup than
yours.

Some time ago I obtained a set of rules for the right way to do X
focus calculations.  But nobody was prepared to implement it.  Would
someone like to implement it now?

* Re: cursor display bug caused by focus tracking change (21.2)
@ 2003-03-18 17:49   ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-03-18 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     To fix: restore the code in #if 0 in xterm.c:XTread_socket cases
>     EnterNotify and LeaveNotify.
>
> This would reintroduce the problem that I fixed.  I no longer remember
> what it was, but we can hardly assume it is a more rare setup than
> yours.
>
> Some time ago I obtained a set of rules for the right way to do X
> focus calculations.  But nobody was prepared to implement it.  Would
> someone like to implement it now?

In CVS I implemented new focus rules in June.  Those vere partly based on the
ones you had, but they did not work well in the case where no window manager
was running.  So the rules used by xterm helped to complete the implementation.

I gather from the subject that this issue was found on 21.2.  The new rules are
not implemented in 21.2 or 21.3.

See thread starting at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2002-06/msg00615.html

	Jan D.