On 30 Jul 2008, at 01:31, Miles Bader wrote: > David Reitter writes: >> How about new functions for the visual movement, and binding the >> arrow >> keys to that? There could be a mode to bind the keys, and this mode >> could default to on. > > No. > > The arrow keys should _not_ be "special". I've been misunderstood. I also meant to bind C-n/C-p to the new functions. But if keyboard macros don't record the invoked functions, but key presses, then that won't help of course. This is only about backwards compatibility! If a user records a new macro using movement keys, then they should get the new behavior, of course...