Thanks for proofreading that. I installed the attached to try to fix the problems you noted. I also fixed a couple of other problems if I happened to run across them. First, the regexp [a-b-c] is ambiguous according to POSIX, and should be avoided. Second, a regexp like [[:alnum:]-z] is also ambiguous for the same reason. Perhaps these regexps currently have a particular behavior in Emacs but it's not documented as far as I know and code should avoid them. Perhaps the trawler could be modified to catch them.