* Emacs 23.0.96 pretest
@ 2009-07-09  1:09 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-07-09  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Emacs pretest 23.0.96 is now available.  You can download it via FTP, at

  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.96.tar.gz

The xdelta against the previous pretest, 23.0.95, is here:

  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.95-23.0.96.xdelta

Barring the emergence of a show-stopping bug, this is planned to be the
final pretest before the Emacs 23.1 release---tentatively scheduled for
July 22, two weeks from today.  If you've been tracking the CVS trunk,
please make an effort to run either this pretest or the EMACS_23_1_RC
branch instead, so that we can get as much testing as possible.

Pretesters: please send an email to me reporting success or failure on
your build platform.  Please report bugs via M-x report-emacs-bugs, or
send an email to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org.  For other questions, please
email emacs-devel@gnu.org.

Developers: please be extremely careful making checkins to the branch
from this point on.  If you have any doubt about a checkin, or concerns
about any bug that may impact the release, please email emacs-devel.

Thank you.

* Re: Emacs 23.0.96 pretest
@ 2009-07-09 15:48 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2009-07-09 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: help-emacs-windows@gnu.org, emacs-devel

Chong Yidong wrote:
> Emacs pretest 23.0.96 is now available.  You can download it via FTP, at
>
>   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.96.tar.gz
>
> The xdelta against the previous pretest, 23.0.95, is here:
>
>   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.95-23.0.96.xdelta

Windows binaries built from the above source are now available at:

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/

> Barring the emergence of a show-stopping bug, this is planned to be the
> final pretest before the Emacs 23.1 release---tentatively scheduled for
> July 22, two weeks from today.  If you've been tracking the CVS trunk,
> please make an effort to run either this pretest or the EMACS_23_1_RC
> branch instead, so that we can get as much testing as possible.
>
> Pretesters: please send an email to me reporting success or failure on
> your build platform.  Please report bugs via M-x report-emacs-bugs, or
> send an email to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org.  For other questions, please
> email emacs-devel@gnu.org.
>
> Developers: please be extremely careful making checkins to the branch
> from this point on.  If you have any doubt about a checkin, or concerns
> about any bug that may impact the release, please email emacs-devel.
>
> Thank you.

* Re: Emacs 23.0.96 pretest
@ 2009-07-12 16:16 ` Harald Maier
From: Harald Maier @ 2009-07-12 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Emacs pretest 23.0.96 is now available.  You can download it via FTP, at
>
>   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.96.tar.gz
>
> The xdelta against the previous pretest, 23.0.95, is here:
>
>   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.95-23.0.96.xdelta
>
> Pretesters: please send an email to me reporting success or failure on
> your build platform.  Please report bugs via M-x report-emacs-bugs, or
> send an email to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org.  For other questions, please
> email emacs-devel@gnu.org.

FYI. For me building of emacs 23.0.96 on the following platforms went
fine:

  - Solaris 9
  - AIX 5.3
  - OS X 10.5.7 (--with-ns)

Harald

* Re: Emacs 23.0.96 pretest
@ 2009-07-15  3:32 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-07-15  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Barring the emergence of a show-stopping bug, this is planned to be the
> final pretest before the Emacs 23.1 release---tentatively scheduled for
> July 22, two weeks from today.

I feel bad for mentioning this to you, since you've done the vast
majority of this work, but no-one has checked lispref/processes.texi
yet. I don't think I have time right now.

I cannot regenerate these refcards due to lack of the correct tools:

cs-dired-ref, cs-refcard.pdf, pl-refcard.pdf, sk-dired-ref.pdf, sk-refcard.pdf

BTW, all the existing ones seem to be on the wrong papersize. They are
on letter, but look like they were designed for A4.

Regnerating gnus-refcard.pdf gives me layout problems:

The "output articles" title appears at the end of a column on p3
there is an empty column on p4

Regenerating gnus-booklet.pdf gives me layout problems:

The "Unsubscribe, kill and yank" title is on its own at the end of a page
The "Threading" title is followed by blank page

* Re: Emacs 23.0.96 pretest
@ 2009-07-16  3:44   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-07-16  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Think I sorted out the refcards now (I know everyone was worried...).

* Re: Emacs 23.0.96 pretest
@ 2009-07-16 14:11     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2009-07-16 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Think I sorted out the refcards now

Thank you very much.

> (I know everyone was worried...).

Indeed, I couldn't swallow my breakfast.

* Re: Emacs 23.0.96 pretest
@ 2009-07-18  4:46   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-07-18  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> no-one has checked lispref/processes.texi yet. I don't think I have
> time right now.

I've just done that now.  There weren't many changes w.r.t. Emacs 22,
and those were already documented.