On Wed, 2022-09-28 at 12:37 +0000, Andrea Corallo wrote: > thanks for the patch, please find some comments below. Hi Andrea, Thanks for the feedback. > > Could you clarify why we need this double cast in both cases here? > gcc_jit_context_new_bitcast requires that the types being converted between have the same layout and as such, doesn't allow converting between an arbitrarily sized integer/boolean and a pointer. Casting it to a uintptr/void* is still necessary, to ensure that it can be bitcast into a void*/uintptr respectively. > > > > Are this and the following new line added voluntarily? > Oops, fixed. > > > Which kind of tests did this patch went through?  I assumed you tried > a > bootstrap could you please confirm?  Also have comp tests been tried? > I ran the regular test suite, the code bootstraps succesfully, and I have been using it as a daily driver for more than a week. I've attached the results of comp tests with the expensive selector enabled below. Thanks, Vibhav > Thanks > >   Andrea