* NTEmacs HEAD still crashing (fonts)
@ 2003-04-29  0:59 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-04-29  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone interested in this problem?  At someone's behest, I posted
at least four stack backtraces and a whole lot of other "interesting"
information about a month ago, but my NTEmacs set to use Lucida
Console as its default font still crashes every couple of days.

If nobody's interested, it would be good to know so I can start
messing with Vim ;-)

Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting
www.boost-consulting.com

* Re: NTEmacs HEAD still crashing (fonts)
@ 2003-04-29  3:56 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-04-29  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com>
> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:59:52 -0400
>
> Is anyone interested in this problem?  At someone's behest, I posted
> at least four stack backtraces and a whole lot of other "interesting"
> information about a month ago, but my NTEmacs set to use Lucida
> Console as its default font still crashes every couple of days.

Apparently, no one has time to debug this now.  Can you debug this
yourself?  From experience, it's much easier to get help and advice
debugging a problem than to cause someone else to do that for you.

TIA

* Re: NTEmacs HEAD still crashing (fonts)
@ 2003-04-30 12:48   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2003-04-30 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com>
>> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:59:52 -0400
>>
>> Is anyone interested in this problem?  At someone's behest, I posted
>> at least four stack backtraces and a whole lot of other "interesting"
>> information about a month ago, but my NTEmacs set to use Lucida
>> Console as its default font still crashes every couple of days.
>
> Apparently, no one has time to debug this now.  Can you debug this
> yourself?  From experience, it's much easier to get help and advice
> debugging a problem than to cause someone else to do that for you.

Well, I've tried.  The problem is not easily reproduced, and results in some
trashed data having to do with fonts.  I can't tell whether it's Emacs' own
font data or actually data that belongs to the system.  I can get into the
debugger, and look around, but I don't know what I'm looking for.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting