* a little error in etc/TUTORIAL.fr
@ 2007-04-21 19:41 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-04-21 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

>> Placez le curseur sur le V au début du paragraphe précédent.
>> Faites C-SPC. Emacs devrait afficher un message "Mark set"
   en bas de l'écran.

"Mark activated" instead of "Mark set" .

Thanks.

* Re: a little error in etc/TUTORIAL.fr
@ 2007-04-21 19:55 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-04-21 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]

A Soare wrote:

>>> Placez le curseur sur le V au début du paragraphe précédent.
>>> Faites C-SPC. Emacs devrait afficher un message "Mark set"
>    en bas de l'écran.
>

> "Mark activated" instead of "Mark set" .

No, because transient-mark-mode is not active by default, and the
tutorials describe the default behaviour of Emacs.

* Re: a little error in etc/TUTORIAL.fr
@ 2007-04-21 20:11 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-04-21 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> >    en bas de l'écran.
> >

> > "Mark activated" instead of "Mark set" .
>
> No, because transient-mark-mode is not active by default, and the
> tutorials describe the default behaviour of Emacs.

True.

@ 2007-04-22  1:30 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2007-04-22  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: emacs-devel

In article <157074.4801177184503852.JavaMail.www@wwinf4104>, A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

>>> Placez le curseur sur le V au début du paragraphe précédent.
>>> Faites C-SPC. Emacs devrait afficher un message "Mark set"
>    en bas de l'écran.

> "Mark activated" instead of "Mark set" .

??? The corresponding part in TUTORIAL uses "Mark set" as below.

>> Move the cursor to the Y at the start of the previous paragraph.
>> Type C-<SPC>.  Emacs should display a message "Mark set"
   at the bottom of the screen.

And actually I think "Mark set" is correct.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@m17n.org

* Re: a little error in etc/TUTORIAL.fr
@ 2007-04-22  8:16 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-04-22  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> >    en bas de l'écran.
>
> > "Mark activated" instead of "Mark set" .
>
> ??? The corresponding part in TUTORIAL uses "Mark set" as below.

I had transient-mark-mode active.

> >> Move the cursor to the Y at the start of the previous paragraph.
> >> Type C-<SPC>.  Emacs should display a message "Mark set"
>    at the bottom of the screen.
>
> And actually I think "Mark set" is correct.

Yes, it is correct. One supposes that we start emacs -Q.