* NEWS.22: `allows' without an object
@ 2007-05-28 21:17 Robert J. Chassell
       [not found] ` <2cd46e7f0705281639m4e06b938sd0fbcc6d710812dc@mail.gmail.com>
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2007-05-28 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In English, as heard by a native,

    *** New user option `help-at-pt-display-when-idle' allows to

in emacs/etc/NEWS.22 sounds wrong.  It would sound better if it were

    *** New user option `help-at-pt-display-when-idle' allows you to
                                                              ^^^
Also in that same file, in
    *** You can now use Auto Revert mode to `tail' a file.
the line
    the end of the buffer in that window.  This allows to tail a file:
could be
    the end of the buffer in that window.  This allows you to tail a file:
                                                       ^^^
In
    *** Support for `movemail' from GNU mailutils was added to Rmail.
the line
    This version of `movemail' allows to read mail from a wide range of
could be
    This version of `movemail' allows you to read mail from a wide range of
                                      ^^^

(I think I found all the infelicities involving `allow'.  There may be
others but I stopped because the file was too big.  Mostly, I just
looked at the outline, but even that was large, over 5000 lines.  You
may substitute `GNU Emacs' for `you'.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@rattlesnake.com                         bob@gnu.org