From: "Ken Manheimer" <ken.manheimer@gmail.com>
Cc: rms@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: two related edebug problems
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:42:39 -0400	[thread overview]

thanks for investigating!

commenting out the code you identify does alleviate the problem for me.

i notice that i still need to hit 'f' twice each time i want to
traverse an sexp.  i also now notice that there's a spurious pause of
two or three seconds after each 'f' that actually does traversal,
before the "Break" message is displayed.  (and, of course, stepping
into C level functions continue to cause an odd traceback - though i
realize your investigation wasn't concerned with that problem.)

altogether, navigating the current problems in edebug makes debugging
difficult.  i'm very glad to have a workaround for the insistent
single-stepping - thanks!

ken

--
ken