On 4/18/06, Richard Stallman wrote: > I see that you've used t as the property value. > That allows any type of value. > > Most of these variables are supposed to be strings. > I don't know what would happen if they were set to other types; > did you check each one? > > It would be safer to use stringp as the property value > for a variable that is supposed to be a string. i was too casual when i read the info about safe-local-variable. i've revised my patch to better discriminate values, where appropriate. the revised patch and the ChangeLog are attached. -- ken manheimer ken.manheimer@gmail.com http://myriadicity.net