this is working great for me! (and i think the cursor-display-before-ellipsis problem you mention was annoying me, too, i'm glad it's gone!) +1 on your version of the move-beginning-of-line, here. ken ken.manheimer@gmail.com On 1/25/06, Lőrentey Károly wrote: > Ken Manheimer writes: > > i now have a fix i'm more confident about, because (1) it takes care > > of another problem i noticed, even with my previous fix, and (2) it > > departs less from the checked-in version of the function, leaving less > > room for betrayal of unfamiliar concerns. > > I propose the following change instead, which, in addition to > incorporating your fix, restores the useful special handling of field > boundaries. As noted in another thread, C-a and C-e behaviour is > currently broken in the minibuffer, in *shell* buffers, in entry > fields in customization buffers, and all other places where fields are > used. This makes `move-{beginning,end}-of-line' inconsistent with the > original `{beginning,end}-of-line' commands (which are still > available) and the underlying `line-{beginning,end}-position' > functions. > > Meanwhile, I committed two (hopefully non-controversial) related fixes > in CVS; the first is for an annoying cursor display problem when point > is just before an ellipsis coming from an invisible overlay. The > second fixed `constrain-to-field' to always return the right result > when new-pos or old-pos is on a field boundary.