On 10/1/05, Richard M. Stallman wrote: > Thanks very much for sending this update. Now is a good time to > install it. great! i'll be glad to see these improvements out there in the world... > Could you be so kind as to itemize the change log, describing which > functions/defuns have been changed, and how? We need that in order > to install the change. > > Also, we need to have an item for etc/NEWS. Would you please write one? i've attached new versions of the patch and ChangeLog, and an etc/NEWS snippet. please use the new version of the patch, rather than the one i sent yesterday. it includes an xemacs compatibility provision for a problem i hadn't noticed until after i sent the patch out yesterday. it also includes several small adjustments i noticed while doing the detailed enumeration of the functions that were changed. i'm cc'ing emacs-devel, figuring that's where the material will be used. ken ken.manheimer@gmail.com