* find-tag and partial completion mode
@ 2007-05-01 11:21 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-05-01 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

1. Emacs -Q

2. M-x partial-completion-mode

3. M-. re-fr-st <M-TAB> Insert the path to your TAGS of emacs. <RET>

No symbol found. However there is read-from-string.

* Re: find-tag and partial completion mode
@ 2007-05-02 10:57 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-05-02 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> Message du 02/05/07 à 09h59
> De : "Glenn Morris" <rgm@gnu.org>
> A : alinsoar@voila.fr
> Copie à : "Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Objet : Re: find-tag and partial completion mode
>
> A Soare wrote:
>
> > 1. Emacs -Q
> >
> > 2. M-x partial-completion-mode
> >
> > 3. M-. re-fr-st <M-TAB> Insert the path to your TAGS of emacs. <RET>
> >
> > No symbol found. However there is read-from-string.
>
> Press TAB, not M-TAB.

It does not matter what I press. Look at the output in the *messages* :

find-tag-tag: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
next-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item
/gnu/emacs/src/TAGS and /gnu/emacs/TAGS are the same file
Starting a new list of tags tables
Making tags completion table for /gnu/emacs/TAGS...
/gnu/emacs/src/TAGS and /gnu/emacs/TAGS are the same file [2 times]
visit-tags-table-buffer: File /gnu/lwlib/TAGS is not a valid tags table
Making tags completion table for /gnu/emacs/TAGS...
visit-tags-table-buffer: File /gnu/lwlib/TAGS is not a valid tags table

No symbol found.

I used and compiled the CVS sources from yesterday , 1st may.

* Re: find-tag and partial completion mode
@ 2007-05-02 11:02 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-05-02 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> A Soare wrote:
>
> > 1. Emacs -Q
> >
> > 2. M-x partial-completion-mode
> >
> > 3. M-. re-fr-st <M-TAB> Insert the path to your TAGS of emacs. <RET>
> >
> > No symbol found. However there is read-from-string.
>
> Press TAB, not M-TAB.

That is. I solved it. I have emacs installed in /gnu/emacs/ and I used a soft link from /gnu/emacs/src/TAGS to /gnu/emacs/TAGS.

in TAGS there is a line

../lwlib//TAGS,include

and from here the error was born.

Now it is clear.

So in the actual form if we can try to use a soft-ling to the TAGS files, tags do not work any longer.

Alin Soare.