* Interest in a Cosmopolitan build?
@ 2023-11-07 21:23 Alex Corcoles
From: Alex Corcoles @ 2023-11-07 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I submitted this [1] to the help list, but I was suggested this list
might be better.

I have been able to build Emacs 29.1 using Cosmopolitan. This solves
neatly my issue of running the latest version of Emacs in all my
systems. Cosmopolitan generates a self-contained binary that can run in
different OS and CPU combinations.

Is anyone interested in such a build?

Currently this requires some hacky patches [2]. Not sure if these are
gaps in Cosmopolitan (perhaps I could file some bugs if I knew what to
ask), or maybe this is something that could be applied in Emacs itself
(at least the enum stuff. The enums I think need to be fixed in a
different way)?

Even though Cosmopolitan can be considered controversial, I think it
can be a nice way to distribute Emacs.

Cheers,

Álex

[1]