* zone
@ 2007-05-08 20:32 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-05-08 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

1. emacs -Q

2. M-x zone

3. In *Messages* I see

Zoning...sorry

What is it good for? I do not understand

Moreover, why do you insert unuseful libraries in the standard emacs? I never used python-mode for example.

* Re: zone
@ 2007-05-08 21:16 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-05-08 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]

A Soare wrote:
> 1. emacs -Q
>
> 2. M-x zone
>
> 3. In *Messages* I see

> Zoning...sorry
>
> What is it good for? I do not understand

Seems to be some game. I have never had time (and interest) to test it.

> Moreover, why do you insert unuseful libraries in the standard emacs? I never used python-mode for example.

I do not understand what you mean. Maybe you did not really express what
you wanted to say about python-mode. Do you think that the python-mode
that comes with Emacs is not useful?

* Re: zone
@ 2007-05-08 21:22 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2007-05-08 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]

A Soare wrote:
> Moreover, why do you insert unuseful libraries in the standard emacs? I never used python-mode for example.

Fortunately, you are not the only user of Emacs.

* Re: zone
@ 2007-05-08 21:36 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-05-08 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> > 1. emacs -Q
> >
> > 2. M-x zone
> >
> > 3. In *Messages* I see

> > Zoning...sorry
> >
> > What is it good for? I do not understand
>
> Seems to be some game. I have never had time (and interest) to test it.
>
> > Moreover, why do you insert unuseful libraries in the standard emacs? I never used python-mode for example.
>

> I do not understand what you mean. Maybe you did not really express what
> you wanted to say about python-mode. Do you think that the python-mode
> that comes with Emacs is not useful?

Python-mode is very useful for those that use python. For me it is unuseful and it just occupies memory and space with no reason.
I think that it would be better to load in emacs just the useful things.

I wrote these 2 problems in one message because for me the games were and will ever be un-useful.

* Re: zone
@ 2007-05-08 21:48 ` Taylor Venable
From: Taylor Venable @ 2007-05-08 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue,  8 May 2007 23:36:26 +0200 (CEST)
A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr> wrote:

> Python-mode is very useful for those that use python. For me it is
> unuseful and it just occupies memory and space with no reason. I
> think that it would be better to load in emacs just the useful things.
>
> I wrote these 2 problems in one message because for me the games were
> and will ever be un-useful.

If you're that worried about wasting space, then why are you using
Emacs?  :)  It won't expend (hardly any) memory unless you actually load
python-mode, probably by opening Python source code, or load the game.
If it really bothers you that much, and since it is free software, you
can recompile Emacs to not include Python mode or any games.

--
Taylor Venable
taylor@metasyntax.net

* Re: zone
@ 2007-05-08 21:57 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2007-05-08 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]

() A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>
() Tue,  8 May 2007 22:32:10 +0200 (CEST)

   1. emacs -Q

   2. M-x zone

   3. In *Messages* I see

   Zoning...sorry

   What is it good for?

it is a good apologist, apparently.

to learn more about emacs' mechanisms
for keeping svelte, see:

(info "(emacs)Lisp Libraries")
(info "(emacs)Init Examples")

thi

* Re: zone
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2007-05-08 22:06 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-05-08 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>
> Date: Tue,  8 May 2007 22:32:10 +0200 (CEST)
>
> 1. emacs -Q
>
> 2. M-x zone
>
> 3. In *Messages* I see

> Zoning...sorry

Works for me.  "sorry" usually means that you touched some key and
zone stops.  If you indeed touched a key, then that is how it is
supposed to work.

> What is it good for?

It plays funny games with your display.

* Re: zone
@ 2007-05-08 22:06 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2007-05-08 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Python-mode is very useful for those that use python. For me it is
> unuseful and it just occupies memory and space with no reason.

python.el uses less than a cent's worth of hard disk space...

> I think that it would be better to load in emacs just the useful things.

They're not loaded unless you use them.

> I wrote these 2 problems in one message because for me the games were
> and will ever be un-useful.

Well, your needs are not the needs of everyone.

* Re: zone
@ 2007-05-08 22:08 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-05-08 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>
> Date: Tue,  8 May 2007 23:36:26 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Python-mode is very useful for those that use python. For me it is unuseful and it just occupies memory and space with no reason.

Are you seriously complaining about 90KB of disk space?  If it bothers
you, you can always delete it.

> I think that it would be better to load in emacs just the useful things.

Python mode is not loaded until you use it.  It just sits on disk
doing no harm at all.

> I wrote these 2 problems in one message because for me the games were and will ever be un-useful.

They are useful for others.