Hi Michael, On 2016-09-13 17:17, Michael Heerdegen wrote: > Yes, I want to forbid them, unless there are realistic use cases. > No, we don't have something like `tail' for streams. If you want > something like that, you are in general better done with lists (i.e. > convert the stream into a list), I think. I don't think converting to list would be a good idea. When operating on text files, for example, it's often convenient to get the last n lines of a file. If the file is represented as a stream of lines, then tail makes sense. Doesn't it? Converting the file to a list of lines beforehand sounds like a bad idea, memory wise. > Streams are a mean to program in a certain way (called data flow > control or something like that). Negative indexes for `seq-subseq' > collide with this model. I don't see why; isn't it common to implement slyding-window-style algorithms on data streams? 'tail' is just one such example. I do agree, however, that the return value of these silding-window algorithms is not commonly a stream (rather a list, or a function of that list). But I'm not sure that this is enough to make subseq with negative arguments irrelevant. Otherwise, what's a point of subseq vs. e.g. drop + take? Let me know what you think of the 'last n lines of a file' example. Maybe I'm missing something :) Cheers, Clément.