In melpa there are some others. The most interesting one IMO is the vterm one. That does the compilation on demand. On March 23, 2022 11:16:43 PM GMT+01:00, Stefan Monnier wrote: >Lars Ingebrigtsen [2022-03-23 12:20:17] wrote: >> Yuan Fu writes: >>> Is there any way to put a dynamic module on ELPA so that other >>> packages could use it conveniently? >> I'm not quite sure what the state of dynamic modules on ELPA is. >> Stefan? > >Currently, there's only one such module,m i.e. `pq`. >It's not well integrated yet. >The way it's supposed to work (after Someoneā„¢ codes it up) is that >during `package-install` a chunk of ELisp in the attempts to compile >the module. > >Then the same chunk of ELisp should (re)compile the module as/when >needed when the ELisp package is loaded. Ideally, this is done from >a function, so it's not done when the package is barely loaded but when >that function is actually called (which is a more convincing evidence >that the module is needed). > >Regarding distributing pre-compiled modules, there's currently no >infrastructure for that. We could consider it, but it can only be >a partial solution (we can't easily make sure we cover all possible >architecures, ...), so the focus for now is in getting the >automated/lazy-compilation working. > > > Stefan > > -- Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.