* Native Com Error  After Merge
@ 2021-04-28 15:23 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2021-04-28 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Built fine, but first start of emacs after install throws these errors
in the Messages area:

error in process sentinel:  Attempt to accept output from process
Compiling: /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el
locked to thread #<thread 0x555ea1368880> [2 times]

I suspect this is a race condition that will likely go away after
emacs has had a chance to do its initial compile on load

--Raman
♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

--Raman
♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

* Re: Native Com Error  After Merge
@ 2021-04-28 16:03 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-04-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 08:23:42 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Built fine, but first start of emacs after install throws these errors
> in the Messages area:
>
> error in process sentinel:  Attempt to accept output from process
> Compiling: /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el
> locked to thread #<thread 0x555ea1368880> [2 times]

Can you tell what you did in Emacs once you started it?

* Re: Native Com Error  After Merge
@ 2021-04-28 16:39   ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2021-04-28 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eliz; +Cc: raman, emacs-devel

I hadn't done anything yet, those messages were raised as emacs was
starting up -- admittedly my .emacs loads a lot of things. Best I can
tell, as the .emacs loads and pulls in varius elisp libraries, they

--
♉Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮♉

--

@ 2021-04-28 16:42     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-04-28 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:39:28 -0700
> Cc: raman@google.com,
>     emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> I hadn't done anything yet, those messages were raised as emacs was
> starting up -- admittedly my .emacs loads a lot of things. Best I can
> tell, as the .emacs loads and pulls in varius elisp libraries, they
> start getting native compiled and that appears to throw the raise condition.

It's not a race condition.

The error message indicates that your Emacs session had more than one
Lisp thread.  Any idea where the additional threads came from?
Knowing that could allow us to come up with a simple reproducer, which
could facilitate fixing the problem.

* Re: Native Com Error  After Merge
@ 2021-04-28 16:45       ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2021-04-28 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eliz; +Cc: raman, emacs-devel

Not sure.

I explicitly removed calls to make-thread in emacspeak to see if the