* EWW/URL: Avoid putting HTML download buffers into global-mark-ring?
@ 2017-03-15 15:22 raman
From: raman @ 2017-03-15 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Looks like the  HTML  buffers  that get created by the URL package end
up participating in the global-mark-ring --- would it be possible to
avoid that?

* RE: EWW/URL: Avoid putting HTML download buffers into global-mark-ring?
@ 2017-03-15 15:28 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2017-03-15 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman, emacs-devel

> Looks like the  HTML  buffers  that get created by the URL package end
> up participating in the global-mark-ring --- would it be possible to
> avoid that?

Do you mean optionally, by a user?  Mandatory?  If optional, do you
mean that the default should be non-participation?

Why?  Shouldn't a user be able to mark a position in such buffers
and navigate to it?

* RE: EWW/URL: Avoid putting HTML download buffers into global-mark-ring?
@ 2017-03-15 17:11   ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2017-03-15 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drew.adams; +Cc: emacs-devel, raman

Why would the user want to navigate the source html buffer of cnn.com?

@ 2017-03-15 23:11     ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2017-03-15 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

>  > > Looks like the  HTML  buffers  that get created by the URL package end
>  > > up participating in the global-mark-ring --- would it be possible to
>  > > avoid that?
>  >
>  > Do you mean optionally, by a user?  Mandatory?  If optional, do you
>  > mean that the default should be non-participation?
>  >
>  > Why?  Shouldn't a user be able to mark a position in such buffers
>  > and navigate to it?
>
> Why would the user want to navigate the source html buffer of cnn.com?

Why wouldn't s?he?  Why shouldn't s?he _be able to_?

But I don't really know what you mean by "the HTML buffers that get
created by the URL package".  A user might well want to navigate
HTML buffers in general.  Why not those HTML buffers?