* dropped 4th arg from all-completions
@ 2010-04-27 16:01 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-04-27 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I object to Emacs 23.2 dropping the 4th arg from `all-completions'.

I do not understand why the feature of ignoring candidates that start with a
space was removed. It is an optional arg - no call is forced to use it.

FWIW, I use this 4th arg. I even have a user option and a minibuffer toggle key
that lets users control the removal of such candidates. If you don't want to use
the feature, that's one thing, but why remove it from Emacs?

AFAIK there was no proposal to drop the 4th arg, no discussion here. If similar
things have also been done elsewhere, I have the same objection. This is not the
right way.