* Scheme mode on MacOS X
@ 2004-09-04 18:20 Michael Tuexen
From: Michael Tuexen @ 2004-09-04 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I've compiled the CVS version of Emacs and use guile as a scheme
interpreter.
If I have in one buffer

(define x (list "test1"
		       "test2"))

and place the cursor at the end of the second line and press C-x C-e the
expression is NOT evaluated but the *scheme* buffer shows

guile> ...
Display all 1525 possibilities? (y or n)

I can type
))
to get the scheme prompt.

I'm using Emacs with the X11 front end and the Apple X server.

Is this a problem of the X11 server or with Emacs?

Best regards
Michael

* Re: Scheme mode on MacOS X
@ 2004-09-15  9:59 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2004-09-15  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Michael Tuexen <tuexen@fh-muenster.de> writes:

   I'm using Emacs with the X11 front end and the Apple X server.

   Is this a problem of the X11 server or with Emacs?

neither.

the inferior guile has readline enabled,
and is interpreting the embedded tabs as
commands to do completion.

personally, i compile guile w/o readline.
you may wish, however, to modify ~/.inputrc
or perhaps ~/.guile, to address the issue.
see the "INITIALIZATION FILE" section in
the readline manpage for more info.

thi

* Re: Scheme mode on MacOS X
@ 2004-09-15 17:51   ` Michael Tuexen
From: Michael Tuexen @ 2004-09-15 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Thi,

thank you very much!

I had readline stuff enabled in the ~/.guile file.
Not doing this solves the problem.

If I use the carbon version of emacs, this problem
does not occur.

Best regards and thank you very much again.

Michael