On Sun, Nov 07, 2021 at 11:26:45PM +0000, Drew Adams wrote: > I got no response to my question of how to tell > whether `mouse-1' is still pressed during a click. [...] I read twice through your text and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the gist of it. Perhaps that's because I don't use the mouse much (when doing text, at least). Perhaps it's something else. My feeling (it mitght be totally wrong: I'm trying to expound it just in an attempt to debug what's going on) is that you are connecting directly two layers which are too far apart: at the abstract/model/text end selection and its handling, at the concrete/physical/UI end the mouse clicks. In another debugging attempt: could you try to explain what you are up to assuming the user has no mouse? Now the above sounds as if I was trying to imply that you are somehow "wrong". That I am not! I'm just at a loss trying to understand what you are trying and even feel it's difficult for me adequately expressing my difficulties. Cheers - t