On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 10:31:26AM -0400, Anna Glasgall wrote: > On Wed, 2021-09-08 at 09:10 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote: [...] > > And AFAIC adding raw strings just to halve the number of backslashes > > in > > regexps seems both too much and too little: you'd likely prefer a new > > regexp syntax which doesn't require backslashes for grouping > > and alternation. > > > > I would be _thrilled_ to have that, but that seemed like it'd be even > _more_ work than this is already ballooning into [...] I just think these are two separate dimensions which happen to align in the "regexp and backslash" case. Fixing each of those has its own ergonomic potential. I for one would be very thrilled with raw strings. > >         Stefan "not a big fan of raw strings in ELisp" One of those rare cases I tend to disagree with Stefan. Which always feels funny, because he's most of the time right ;-) Cheers - t