On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 11:52:48AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Tim Cross > > Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:53:34 +1000 > > Cc: Daniel Fleischer , emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > Despite what others have claimed, the security problems with email have > > NOT been addressed. It is still one of the major vectors for > > compromising access via social engineering [...] > And other means of communications aren't? Are there _any_ means that > are immune to these attacks? Yes, this made me wonder a bit, too, at how diverse perceptions can be. A code execution platform executing random scripts off the internet (aka Web browser) beats mail any day, in my view. Smartphone operating systems with their app "ecosystems" are fashioned after the same model. I'd have to see some statistics to support Tim's "major vector" assertion above. Cheers - t