On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 04:59:32PM +0000, Drew Adams wrote: > > > Yep, that mirrors what I'm seeing as well. Many younger users really use > > > it primarily to provide a unique identifier (login) and for when they > > > have to deal with institutions that don't provide other alternatives. > > > > I think part of the rush is nudge pressure applied by the Big Ones. > > It's not possible to monetise mail [...] [...] > Email is less of an Only-Mine-All-Mine!!! mine for > surveillance capitalism to mine. > > And being still relatively new, the "instant > notification" of Slack etc. seems handy. Wait till > there's as much incoming traffic for you there, as > there is your email inbox. Heh. You also a Slack victim? When they introduced it at $COMPANY (before O365 took all), I decided that it violates the Convention of Geneva. Having a browser open all the time, OK. But having the browser bouncing up'n down while I try to concentrate on a database schema... that's cruel ;-) (I don't work for $COMPANY anymore). Cheers - t