On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 09:41:06PM +0000, Drew Adams wrote: > > Maybe Emacs project should be better at informing users > > about Emacs bug tracker: ... and this one: ... and > > debbugs package for browsing bugs directly from Emacs? > > (Apologies for not really following this thread.) [...] > 5. And debbugs.gnu.org search sucks. Or at least I suck > at trying to find anything using it. My starting point would be something like [1]. (And yes, I think we old jeezers have the responsibility to show folks ways to use the Internet instead of being used by it ;-) There is some obvious low hanging fruit there, the first which comes to mind would be to add a subdomain for each package: this would leverage the search engine's `site' filter. Of course there's that higher hanging fruit: add a useful search facility to debbugs. I hear that there are project funding resources with Debian in search of a project [2]. Perhaps Gnu and Debian could band together for that? Some GSOC? Cheers [1] https://html.duckduckgo.com/html?q=redisplay+idle+site:debbugs.gnu.org [2] https://salsa.debian.org/freexian-team/project-funding - t