On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 06:05:46PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > I think that definitively "\e[29~" may be bound to [menu] in > > xterm. Somehow confirmed by the xterm maintainer in an email: > > > > "in a quick check the key which I guessed is "menu" (between the Windows > > key and the Ctrl key on the right-side of my keyboard) does send ^[[29~ > > and xev says that's "Menu"" > > I'm sorry but I don't understand this. Maybe I'm just missing some of > the context in your email exchange, but the way it's written above gives > the impression that something external to xterm decides which byte > sequence to send when the `menu` or `print` key are used, whereas this > decision is made by xterm (partly influenced by things like > X resource settings). The latter was my point: it's exactly xterm (or whatever X terminal application you are using) which (possibly) converts X events to escape sequences. In the case of xterm this can be configured via X resources. > FWIW, in my environment, I have a key labeled `PrtSc` which `xev` says > sends a `Print` event to X11, which `emacs` says sends a `print` event, > and which `emacs --nw` running inside `xterm` doesn't receive at all > (i.e. my `xterm` doesn't send any bytes in response to it). Yes, that corresponds to my findings. I guess the "Print" key was not a thing whenever the X resources for xterm were set up and nobody has bothered to change them in the mean time. Cheers - t