On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 09:37:23AM +0300, Juri Linkov wrote: >* Gregor Zattler [2021-08-23; 20:35]: >>> I don't actually know about any keyboard with a print >>> button... >> >> wouldn't that be the PrtSc key which is on every standard PC >> keyboard right of F12 and above of Insert? >> >>> But I suppose there should be some. If someone has it; >>> please could you check with xev and cat+xterm what it >>> sends? >> >> Said key gives via cat on xterm: >> >> ^[[2~ >> >> and xev says the same. >> >> on debian buster, that is. > >I have the PrtSc key that prints the screen, >but no Menu key, so can't confirm, sorry. > Just to clarify. What I am proposing is as simple as the attached patch. I won't expect any complain about the change, but if so we then may decide to do something like an alias between [menu] and [print]: BTW: Juri, may we add a binding that toggles the menu when we repeat the S- or the [menu] key (or whatever key the user pressed to activate it)? Because a single ESC hides the menu only on gui not in term. We can do that with C-g or ESC ESC ESC; but repeating to toggle is a very common behavior right? and now it is free, it is better to take it before some more fancy behavior comes for it in a while ;p.