On Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 06:20:46AM +0200, Arthur Miller wrote: > Boruch Baum writes: [...] > > My concern isn't the declaration, but the scope of its consequences. For > > example, an emacs user who does no elisp programming would be happy to > > have no private variable/function results appear among completion > > candidates [...] > How would Emacs now if it was a programmer asking or not programmer > asking? :-) That's exactly my take. Enforcing things because "I think they should be this way" is not the kind of software I like to interact with. Cheers - t