On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 11:13:49PM -0400, Robert Weiner wrote: > On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 1:38 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > > > Other obvious candidates for variable-pitching are basically any mode > > that displays data in tabular form. And, of course, the manuals, but > > that'll happen by itself once we move from .info to .html. > > > > Is this a serious statement? Please don't do that. I can browse an entire > Info manual easily inside Emacs nicely by pressing the spacebar and delete > only. I can search entire manuals quickly and move across manuals easily. > > Of course, it would be fine to additionally output html format for web > viewing since the Texinfo/Makeinfo package already supports that. Seconded. HTML is (more of) a rendering format. Info is more of a document structure format. Rendering info to HTML would make sense for display (for those who enjoy viewing things in the browser). The other way around... not so much. I know that this taxonomy is fluid (what is "more" rendering: PS or PDF? What about SVG?), but I think that most would agree that HTML is more on the "rendering" side than info. Cheers - t