On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 09:34:44AM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > "Paul W. Rankin" via "Emacs development discussions." > writes: > > >> May I suggest the attached, slightly more controversial, experimental test? > > > > Along this same vein, I suggest that we unbind the `e' key from > > self-insert-command and instead make it insert the string "Emacs " 17 > > times, e.g. > > This isn't helpful. People should be able to make suggestions on > emacs-devel without being ridiculed, and stuff like this makes > emacs-devel seem like a very hostile environment. Agreed. There is a lot of ungood karma around in this thread, which is a pity. I can understand the different POVs, but folks, could you try to calm a bit down? I do understand that keybindings /is/ a hot topic. It'll keep coming back time and again. It's worth being discussed time and again, IMHO, because it is at some intersection of tech and social: those fields change, therefore re-discussion is necessary. It would be far more pleasant [1] if such discussions happened without us hurting each other :-) Cheers [1] and efficient -- but I'm a hedonist ;-P - t