On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 02:50:24PM +0100, Marcin Borkowski wrote: > Hi all, > > it's been quite some time since lexical binding was introduced to > Elisp. Apart from possible optimizations and being less error-prone, it > allows for all the cool tricks with closures. Are there any places in > Emacs core where "proper" closures are actually used? (By "proper", > I mean closures with non-empty lexical environment, actually using said > environment.) tar-next-file-displayer of tar-mode.el seems to do (CAVEAT: I just grepped for "closure" in the .el sources, dismissed the too-obvious false-positives and half-scanned comments and code, so I might be off by some amount! Double-check.) Cheers - t