On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 06:36:29PM +0700, Yuri Khan wrote: > On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 at 18:22, Michael Albinus wrote: [break long strings to honour max source line width] > > > I have actually found myself trying to grep for an error message ang > > > failing to find it in code at first try because it was line-broken at > > > a non-obvious point. > > > > Yes, it is always a trade-off. However, I'm failing to find error > > messages in the code much more often because they are produced by > > format, which could be banned for the same reason. > > When you see an error message, most of the time, it’s easy to see > which parts are constant text and which are substituted variable text. > Whereas line breaks could be anywhere. > > When I break string literals to fit line length limits, I go for any > embedded \n first, then sentence boundaries [...] That' similar to what I do. Suffice it to say that these are often moments of great agony :) Cheers - t