On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 03:17:23PM -0800, Drew Adams wrote: > Chiming in here, but not with a strong opinion... [...] > An alternative might be to start by inviting potential > "humanities" participants to use help-gnu-emacs (or > emacs-tangents?), but with a particular prefix in the > Subject line. If volume becomes reasonably high then > a new mailing list could be spun off to handle it (but > with the attendant lack of visibility to some that I > mentioned above). At first blush a good idea. After giving it a second thought, I think one of the strong points of a separate list might be that non-hackers (by which I mean those that consider themselves to be non-hackers!) might feel intimidated by volume, style or content (or all three!) of help-gnu-emacs. I concur that the cost of setting up a new mailing list is minimal. Perhaps... to reassure those fearing lots of "empty" lists, perhaps it should be wise to sketch some kind of "teardown procedure": six months after set up, if less than N mails per time unit have been seen, a teardown message is sent. If nobody complains, the list is shut down. Or something. But then perhaps this is just one more sticky bit of red tape. Cheers - t