On Wed, Sep 09, 2020 at 12:00:19PM +0200, Ergus wrote: [..] > I think that there is so much fragmentation in the user community > because we don't have anything "official" more dynamic and modern (or > familiar) than the mailing list. Yes, I see that. I try to ignore the little value judgement subliminally packed in "modern" :-) It'll be as difficult to "move" the mailing list people to... > I mean something equivalent to gitter/trello/github's issues/slack > channel. So the users create/find their own alternatives and this ends > in many sub communities. ...gitter/trello/github (or reddit) as it'll be the other way around. After all some stick to mail for good reasons (as some love github for some other good reasons)... > The closest is the reddit channel where Eli interacts frequently. But of > course there is not any link to that in the emacs site, the readme or > anywhere. ...so I think we'll have to live in a somewhat diverse landscape and find ways around there. "Multilingual" people (as you are, but also Eli) are an important part of this, I think. Cheers - t