Hi: Could you please try the attached patch (where the mode is enabled by default). On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 09:45:17PM +0300, Juri Linkov wrote: > >Easier can be only one thing: to use arrows and navigation keys to navigate >completions from the minibuffer. So the main question is on what condition >to activate these keys (instead of allowing them to search in history)? > I enabled the keys only when the *Completions* buffer is shown and the highlight completions is active. And added a hook to remove the bindings when minibuffer-hide-completions. >Since making TAB more DWIM doesn't work, what about the following solution: >activate completions navigation keys and display the completions buffer >only when there is some input in the minibuffer, i.e. when the minibuffer's >content is different from its default value. > Please try this closer to zsh experience implementation. >Or similar to this https://api.jqueryui.com/autocomplete/#option-minLength >activate completions only when input is longer than the minimum number >of characters. > I will give a look. If this patch is too much code for adding in simple and minibuffer, I would try to make a separate file with a mode. WDYT? Best, Ergus