On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 11:36:35PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote: [...] > I've changed it to try to separate this question from others. Good idea, thanks! > I have not done shared editing over the network, but lots of people do > it -- in Etherpad and in Google Docs -- and it is clear that they > find it useful. How about if we take for granted it is useful > and skip the debate about that point? I didn't take the debate as being about /whether/ it is useful, but rather about /in which way/ it may be useful: from that angle, I think the debate itself is useful, as it may help to guide us shaping this feature. Myself, I'll give Rudel a try and look into the TLS point Stefan made, as a result of this debate. Cheers -- t