On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 01:11:36PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: Hi, Sorry, just a short answer now -- pressed at the moment. Will come back today later. > > Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 11:58:51 +0200 > > From: > > > > That said, as far as I understand the collaborative editing folks, [...] > > Think several people doodling simultaneously over a shared blackboard. > > Someone will have to explain why this is useful. Yup, that's the problem. This isn't the way I enjoy doing things either (so I'm not the most qualified to answer that question, but I feel your pain), but people *love* pushing around an Etherpad [1] URL and just collaboratively hack away at something. Perhaps because it doesn't force them to change the way they interact too much. It's a bit like sitting around a sand pit and putting sticks and stones and drawing doodles around them. You don't take turns at this either, and if you step onto some other's doodle, a side channel (she pushes you out of the sand pit or yells at you ;-) is used. Luckily Etherpad is free software Cheers [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etherpad -- tomás