On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:25:04PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: [...] > The current display engine works by screen lines, so if we want to > keep it, we must use the existing framework. Now imagine there's a (graphical) line going from (text) display line 3 to 7. You are not implying that we have to segment that into four chunks, one per text line? > When a portion of a > window is exposed, we redraw all the glyphs in the exposed area(s), > and we find the glyphs that need to be redrawn by comparing their > coordinates with those of the exposed rectangle(s). ... but rather that we intersect the exposed area(s) with each [1] of the graphical objects and redraw that (be it before or after the text)? Cheers [1] conceptually; in reality we'll need some index structure to avoid looking at most of the graphical objects. Quad- trees, whatever. -- t