On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 03:12:50PM +0200, Philippe Vaucher wrote: > > > > > * > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Association-Lists.html > > sometimes assoc, > > > alist-get, assq, copy-alist. How am I supposed to use `C-h f alist TAB` > > to discover the function I want? I > > > can't, I have to go to that webpage and read it all. > > > > I think "C-h d alist RET" is your friend. > > > > You miss the central point of my argument. The problem is not that the doc > is hard to find, it's that I *have* to find it to know which are the > related functions. True. > It is much easier for the mind to think in terms of namespaces, here are > examples from other languages: What do you propose? I think "rename everything" doesn't look like a viable option? [...] > Again you strawman my argument. Try to understand my central point, and > then reply to that instead of details of "how you do it right now and that > works for you". This is not very constructive. Entering a culture and saying "hey, now you do everything this way" most probably won't lead to progress, I fear. I get your points, but now: what could be a way forward? Cheers -- t